MILabs is a fast-growing, and highly innovative player in the biomedical imaging industry, headquartered in Houten, the Netherlands. With state-of-the-art technologies in PET, SPECT, Optical, and X-Ray CT imaging, MILabs is recognized as a highly valued imaging technology provider for world-leading universities, hospitals, CROs, biotech, and pharmaceutical companies.
Our team of employees and collaborators includes many leading innovators in in-vivo molecular and medical imaging systems. Our culture celebrates diversity and entrepreneurialism and prizes the unique contribution of each employee.
Due to our rapid growth, we are expanding our Marketing & Communications team and are looking for a:
Scientific Content Writer
We are looking for a Scientific Content Writer to support MILabs’ growth ambitions. Your main responsibility will be to raise market awareness and generate leads, by producing engaging and informational scientific copy for print and digital marketing materials including MILabs website.
Our ideal candidate is:
• An outstanding technical writer, who understands how to translate scientific information into informative, compelling, and engaging messages,
• Experienced in writing content for a scientifically oriented audience, preferably in the biomedical devices field,
• You have several years of experience working with strategic marketing resources within a company to be able to manage Milabs’ global marketing communications initiatives including visual marketing, promotional campaigns, tradeshows, social media site presence, driving website traffic, perform website updates, handle public relations, PowerPoint-based sales presentations, and email marketing.
This position will be part of the Marketing Team, and you will be supported by a team of Scientists.
• Develop value propositions for our products and services with a focus on scientific substantiation.
• Translate value propositions into fit-for-purpose commercial materials.
• Collate scientific input (from both internal and external sources) and translate this into content for marketing campaigns, website, business development tools etc.
• Creating and editing videos for marketing purposes.
• Update and keep improving MILabs website experience. Monitor and measure performance of digital marketing efforts via web analytics tools.
• Regularly align with scientific colleagues to stay up to date on research developments and incorporate these insights into marketing collateral.
• Monitor the market & competitor intelligence regarding the developing science and application Imaging Systems.
• Connect with influential media outlets and journalists to publish stories about company news and other initiatives.
• Make content to further build and co-manage MILabs’ social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and additional channels that may be deemed relevant.
Required experience and skills
• Degree in science-based business/communication or at least 3 years of relevant experience in an academic writing or similar role.
• Outstanding writing skills in English (ability to process complex scientific/medical/engineering information).
• Preferably experience working with CMS and SEO tools.
• Experience working with Adobe design software is a plus.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Self-starter, motivated, ‘get it done’ attitude.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Good spoken and written communicator.
• Pro-active and result-oriented, with strong analytical skills.
• A motivated self-starter and able to work independently.
Located in the Netherlands or willing to relocate, preferably close to Utrecht.
Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 10% of the time.
To apply send your resume and motivation letter to [email protected] Or press the ‘Apply now’ button on our website.
**Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated**