MILabs is a young, fast growing and highly innovative player in the molecular and biomedical imaging industry. With their state-of-the-art technologies in SPECT, PET, CT and Optical imaging, MILabs competes with the largest biomedical device suppliers in the world. MILabs is being recognized as a highly valued imaging technology provider for world leading universities, CRO’s and pharmaceutical companies. MILabs is looking for a
Mechanical Engineer / Designer
In this role you are part of an enthusiastic multi-disciplinary team of dedicated engineers that develop state-of-the-art imaging systems. You will be working on the mechanical design of new products, during which you will need to find the balance between functionality, quality, costs and lead-time. Development is done according to the international medical device product requirements/standards and medical device regulations (US-FDA and EU-MDR). You will need a wide variety of technical skills and reasoning in analyzing and designing mechanical systems, running tests, improving/resolving product features and documenting findings.
Employee’s tasks and responsibilities are:
- Responsible for the mechanical design of existing and new products
- Able to determine/gather user requirements and translate them into design
- Support proper Risk Management (e.g. FMEA on safety and technical/reliability aspects)
- Work on 3D modelling of MILabs’ products and create 2D work drawings
- Support the selection and purchase/import of (electro-)mechanical components for all MILabs products
- Responsible for proper filing of all relevant technical documentation
- Co-responsible for creating test-plans, co-execute actual tests and create/complete test-reports
- You have B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Design.
- A minimum of 3 years working experience.
- Analytical insight and skills in the field of fine-mechanics and motion control.
- You are a team player with a hands-on mentality, combined with a creative mind.
Good remuneration and appropriate working facilities in a young, dynamic, international, high-tech environment. MILabs develops and produces unique products that can make a strong difference in (pre-clinical) Medical Research and is located at the Utrecht Science Park and in Houten, The Netherlands.
For further information on MILabs please visit our website www.milabs.com.
If you are interested in this position, please apply by sending your resume and motivation letter to [email protected].