MILabs is a young, fast growing and highly innovative player in the molecular and biomedical imaging industry, headquartered at the Utrecht Science park, the Netherlands. With state-of-the-art technologies in SPECT, PET, CT and Optical imaging, MILabs competes with the largest biomedical devices suppliers in the world. MILabs is being recognized as a highly valued imaging technology provider for world leading universities, academic hospitals, CRO’s and pharmaceutical companies. MILabs is now looking for a
Business Director (Europe)
In this ambitious and challenging role, you will be responsible for expansion of MILabs’ market position and for sales of its complete preclinical and clinical imaging systems worldwide. You will identify and qualify leads and see to the successful closing of deals. The perfect candidate is a self-motivated teamplayer, has an excellent understanding of medical imaging technology (specifically SPECT, PET and CT) and a proven track record in consistently delivering on targets.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Primarily responsible for the growth of sales and markets in your territory.
- Focus sales efforts by studying existing and potential volume of customers.
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops/conferences, reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks.
- Managing and expanding the network of distributors and agents in Territory.
- Service existing accounts, obtain orders, and establish new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets.
- Review tender documents, quotes, proposals, sales contracts and general terms & conditions.
- Gather and share information on technical developments and market trends.
- Identify and qualify leads and pro-actively follow up on these accounts to generate new sales.
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote the products.
- Support distributors in closing deals and answering tender questions.
- Direct Sales to Key Institutes.
- Bachelor’s degree required in business or technical field or equivalent.
- MBA and a scientific background are a distinct advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional sales experience in (medical) capital equipment industry.
- Experience in managing teams.
- Strong negotiator with a continuous focus on results.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and written skills.
- Able to work under pressure, to prioritize multiple tasks and not afraid of beating deadlines whilst maintaining strong attention to details.
- Result oriented, entrepreneurial, self-starter.
- Flexible in working times, well capable to adapt to changing conditions.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Availability to frequent travel (up to 50%, on occasion in the weekend).
Good remuneration and appropriate working facilities in a young, dynamic and high tech environment. MILabs supplies unique products that can make a strong difference and is located at the Utrecht Science Park.
Are you interested in this position? Please apply here by sending your resume and motivation letter.
For further information on MILabs please visit our website www.milabs.com.