MILabs is a young, fast growing and highly innovative player in the molecular and biomedical imaging industry, headquartered at the Utrecht Science park, the Netherlands. With state-of-the-art technologies in SPECT, PET, CT and Optical imaging, MILabs competes with the largest biomedical devices suppliers in the world. MILabs is being recognized as a highly valued imaging technology provider for world leading universities, academic hospitals, CRO’s and pharmaceutical companies. MILabs is now looking for a
Area Sales & Business Development Manager
In this ambitious and challenging role, based in Europe, you will be responsible for achieving sales growth, gaining market share and meeting targets in an assigned area (selected European, Asian and Middle East countries). Responsible for Coverage and Direct & Indirect distribution. The perfect candidate is a self-motivated team player, has an excellent understanding of medical imaging technology (specifically SPECT, PET and CT) and a proven track record in consistently delivering on targets.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Increase sales volumes, achieve, and possibly overachieve the sales targets on his/her territory in respect of MILabs’ strategy.
- Sell the company’s products or services directly to end-users.
- In certain countries, support selected distributors in closing deals and answering tender questions.
- Develop new accounts and/or expands existing accounts for all of MILabs’ products within an already partly established geographic territory.
- Identify customer needs and trends and presents MILabs’ products and support services to customers appropriately and effectively.
- Ensure the territory prospect pipeline is populated with a balance of short, mid and long-term prospects sufficient for the continuous attainment of territory annual sales year targets.
- Actively sells the value-added attributes of MILabs products and services and always negotiates the best price thus minimizing price erosion.
- Facilitate in solving customer problems by assuring cross functional coordination with MILabs’ management and application support group.
- Provide and maintain account mapping on all accounts and maintains accurate customer and prospect information.
- Listen to customer requirements and presents appropriately to make a sale.
- Maintain and develop relationships with existing customers in person and via telephone calls and emails.
- Act as a contact between a company and its existing and potential markets.
- Occasionally represent the organization at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations.
- Creates detailed proposal documents, often as part of a formal bidding process that is largely dictated by the prospective customer.
- Review his own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets.
- Gain a clear understanding of customers’ businesses and requirements.
- Attend team meeting and share best practice with colleagues.
- Close sales opportunities and regularly updating MILabs’ CRM.
- Excellent knowledge of imaging technology
- Bachelor’s degree required in business and/or technical field or equivalent.
- A scientific background is a distinct advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional sales experience in biomedical capital equipment industry preferable in imaging
- Strong negotiator with a continuous focus on results.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and written skills.
- Able to work under pressure, to prioritize multiple tasks and not afraid of beating deadlines whilst maintaining strong attention to details.
- Result oriented, entrepreneurial, self-starter, resourceful, hard-working and dependable.
- Flexible in working times, well capable to adapt to changing conditions.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Availability to frequent travel in a non-covid world (up to 40%; occasionally in weekends).
Any major European Country with good travel links to Milabs Headquarters (Utrecht, the Netherlands). Works mostly from virtual office but regular visits to Utrecht may be required
Good remuneration and appropriate working facilities in a young, dynamic and high-tech environment. MILabs supplies unique products that can make a strong difference and is located at the Utrecht Science Park.
Are you interested in this position? Please send your resume and motivation letter to [email protected]
For further information on MILabs please visit our website www.milabs.com.